Kurt’s Forever Home, the KVML at 543 Indiana Avenue takes pride in championing the legacy of of Kurt Vonnegut and his ideals of free expression & common decency. We wish to share our infatuation with the history of Kurt Vonnegut with you so please… come visit! Take note that all tours and visits should be scheduled as a part of our reopening guidelines. We are also a cashless campus. More information can be found at the bottom of this page.
We are closed Sunday, April 4th for Easter.
10 AM – 7 PM
10 AM – 7 PM
10 AM – 7 PM
10 AM – 5:30 PM
Tours are only by appointment and begin on the hour starting from 10 AM – 5 PM (with the last tour at 5 PM). The gift shop and second floor balcony stays open until 7 PM.
The KVML parking lot directly encompasses the south side of the building and wraps around behind the building. All parking is free and open except for the parking spots north of the building (staff parking).
Where are we located?
The KVML resides on the east corner of N West St & Indiana Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46202. The main entrances face Indiana Ave. Entrances on any other side of the building are for specific purposes only. We hope you plan a visit soon!
Do I have to wear a mask?
Yes. A maks is mandatory at all times for visitors and staff. You cannot be given a tour or or explore the museum and its content without a mask.
Do I have to schedule an appointment to visit?
To be able to come to the museum for a tour, you must schedule in advance through square or contacting us. To schedule a tour, please click here.
How many people can be in one tour?
The total amount of people who can be in one tour is six. This includes adults and children.
What is admission pricing and hours?
The KVML is open from 10 AM to 7 PM on Friday, Saturday, and Monday. On Sunday, the KVML is open from 10 AM to 5:30 PM. Tours start at 10 AM with the last tour being at 5 PM. Admission for members and children are free. Admission for adults is $12 while admission for seniors (65+) is $11.
What options do I have for payment?
The KVML operates as a cashless campus. Once you come to library, you can only pay with card. This payment method work for admission prices and for our gift shop.
Am I allowed to take pictures and record videos?
Yes! We encourage that you document your experience at the KMVL and share it with your friends and family. Make sure to tag us on any social media if you post about your touring experience. Our social media can be found in the footer of any page.
How can I support the KMVL?
You can support us by becoming a member or by donating. Being a member provides special privileges to events and merchandise from the KVML. Donations allow us to continue the legacy of Kurt Vonnegut and his ideals. Please click here to support us.
How do I become a member?
To become a member, you can go to the 'Support' tab on the website navigation bar and find 'Become a Member', or you can click here. Being a member provides special privileges to events and merchandise from the KVML. Once you become a member, you are more than just a visitor to the KMVL- you are apart of our family.
Am I able to reserve the KMVL for special events?
We would love for you to consider us for a special event. Our home has hosted private events such as wedding receptions, team-building activities, and much more. We would love to be included in the best memories of life. Inquire at: [email protected]
Your health and safety are our top priority. While we’ve been apart, our staff and volunteers have been working hard to prepare to welcome you back. In collaboration with the Arts Council of Indianapolis and public health officials, we have implemented new policies and procedures to ensure a safe visit for you.
What we expect from you:
- Advance tickets are required for all visitors including members and donors. Groups of up to 6 may reserve a tour time beginning at the top of the hour preferably through the website.
- Everyone is expected to follow social distancing requirements.
- Face masks are required for all visitors ages 2 and older.
- Bring your credit or debit card for purchases.
- Hand washing is encouraged and hand sanitizer stations are provided throughout the building.
- Please refrain from touching displays as much as possible.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home. We will gladly exchange your ticket for a day when you feel better!
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Limited capacity: We are allowing groups of up to 6 in to tour at the top of the hour. Preregistering is required for a time slot.
- Enhanced cleaning: New cleaning protocols include frequent disinfecting of all high-touch surfaces.
- Cleaning will be done hourly. We appreciate you understanding the need for this and it should not affect your visit with us.
- Access to cleaning supplies: We have positioned hand sanitizing stations throughout the museum and placed sanitizing wipes in all exhibit areas.
- Staff and Volunteer health checks: All staff, volunteers, and contractors will have their temperature taken upon entry to the museum and will be required to wear a mask at all times.