The world’s only VonnegutFest, an Indianapolis-wide celebration of the power of the arts and humanities to help us communicate returns in 2015 from November 5-7. From the popular Timequake Clambake to a panel discussions on religion and Vonnegut to frank conversations about veterans using the arts to heal, the city will honor their native son Kurt Vonnegut with a wide variety of events.
This year’s events include:
Friday, November 6th
Vonnegut and Religion Panel Discussion in partnership with Christian Theological Seminary (1000 W 42nd St, Indianapolis, IN 46208)
- Journalist and 60 Minutes correspondent Steve Kroft
- Dan Wakefield
- Christina Jarvis, University of New York-Fredonia
- Grace Miller
- and more!
Saturday, November 7th
10 a.m. Breakfast of Champions at PRINTtEXT (652 E 52nd Street, Indianapolis, IN 46205)
- Author Ginger Strand, The Brothers Vonnegut: Science and Fiction in the House of Magic
12 p.m. So It Goes Release and Author/Artist Event at the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library (340 N Senate Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46204)
- The release of the 2015 issue of So It Goes: The Literary Journal of the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
- Authors and Artists from this year’s Journal will present their work, including:
D KeyTracy MishkinBianca Peña
Nicolas PoynterKimann Schultz and more!
2 p.m. Veterans Reclaim Armistice Day at Central Library (40 E St Clair St, Indianapolis, IN 46204)
- NPR Morning Edition Host Steve Inskeep
- New York Times Bestselling Author of Until Tuesday, Capt. Luis Carlos Montalvan, U.S. Army, and his service dog, Tuesday
- And more veterans share their stories in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act
4 p.m. Sam Van Aken’s Tree of 40 Fruit at Central Library (40 E St Clair St, Indianapolis, IN 46204)
- Come hear Sam talk about his incredible tree project as well as projects inspired by Kurt Vonnegut’s work
7 p.m. Timequake Clambake at Central Library (40 E St Clair St, Indianapolis, IN 46204)
- Comedian and host Jimmy Kimmel of Jimmy Kimmel Live! receives the 2015 Kurt Vonnegut Humor Award (through video acceptance)
- Producer Kevin Finch will be interviewed by Jon Krull about the upcoming Vonnegut in Indiana documentary
- Join us for a seafood feast and great comedy
Some events will be free, while others will require tickets. Please stay tuned for more announcements about VonnegutFest 2015 and save the date!