The world’s only VonnegutFest, an Indianapolis-wide celebration of the power of the arts and humanities to help us communicate returns in 2015 from November 5-7. From LEGO creations to a panel discussions on religion and Vonnegut to frank conversations about veterans using the arts to heal, the city will honor their native son Kurt Vonnegut with a wide variety of events.
This year’s events include:
Friday, November 6th
Vonnegut and Religion Panel Discussion in partnership with Christian Theological Seminary
- Dan Wakefield
- Christina Jarvis, University of New York-Fredonia
- Martin Vonnegut
- and more!
Saturday, November 7th
10 a.m. Breakfast of Champions at Printext
- Author Ginger Strand, The Brothers Vonnegut: Science and Fiction in the House of Magic
12 p.m. Release and Author/Artist Event
- The release of the 2015 issue of So It Goes: The Literary Journal of the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library
2 p.m. Veterans Reclaim Armistice Day
- NPR Morning Edition Host Steve Inskeep
- New York Times Bestselling Author of Until Tuesday, Capt. Luis Carlos Montalvan, U.S. Army, and his therapy dog, Tuesday
- And more veterans share their stories in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act
4 p.m. Sam Van Aken’s Tree of 40 Fruit
- Come hear Sam talk about his incredible tree project as well as projects inspired by Kurt Vonnegut’s work
7 p.m. Timequake Clambake
- Comedian and host Jimmy Kimmel of Jimmy Kimmel Live! receives the 2015 Kurt Vonnegut Humor Award
- Join us for a seafood feast and great comedy
Some events will be free, while others will require tickets. Please stay tuned for more announcements about VonnegutFest 2015 and save the date!